Javascript

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Maui, Hawaii - Day 3

We rolled out of bed right at 4:30.  We grabbed our towels and walked out to the sand.  I set up my camera again to get some more star trails.  

In the hour or so we had before sunrise, we saw around 8-10 shooting stars, with a couple of them being really good ones. 

Since once I wake up in the mornings, I can't go back to sleep, I stayed out shooting photos while Theresa headed back to the room for some sleep.  I spent another 1:30 walking the beach and taking shots of whatever I felt like.  This early, it was just me and the guys with the metal detectors combing the beach.   



Later, we'd be joined by all the runners, but still, I was the first on the beach today.  I snuck back into the room and surprisingly didn't wake up Theresa.  I grabbed my Kindle and headed out to the porch to enjoy the bright clear morning.

I was even treated to seeing a rainbow just on the water.  I considered running inside to grab my camera, but figured Theresa was getting some good sleep, so a camera phone photo will have to do.   



At 9am, I got a text from Theresa asking when I was coming back.  I replied back that I was just outside on the porch.  Glad I was able to sneak back in without waking her up.  We had a quick breakfast of cereal and bagels and then went to lay out.  Afterwards, for lunch we decided to head out and see what we could find.  

We ended up finding a roadside fruit stand with pineapple, strawberries and bananas and Theresa got some of each.  A plastic knife from Safeway and we had the makings of a tasty lunch. 


The afternoon turned out to be pretty windy, so we sat on the porch and read our books, while birds came and ate potato chips from around us.  A nice relaxing afternoon. 



For dinner, we drove out to a local diner.  I had the mango ribs while Theresa got salmon.  Both were just alright.  So far, none of the food had blown us away here.  After that, it was back to the room to chill.   

We watched 50 First Dates (a movie set in Hawaii) and then went to bed.  Tomorrow we're driving up the road to Hana.

No comments:

Post a Comment