Javascript

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Halloween Time at the Disney Resort, weekend #3

Do we ever get tired of going to Disneyland?
The kids certainly don't. During the week, they'll ask us "How many more days of work?" And when it gets to be just a couple, they'll ask how many more days until Disneyland. And the night before we go, they still get excited and tell each other "Tomorrow is Disneyland!"
Last night they were both still excited as they were going to sleep. T told them to think of other happy things, like rainbows and puppies. "And cows!" said Ian. "And Disneyland!" said Alli.



We got a little bit of a late start today, arriving at the parking garage 45 minutes after park opening. That meant we were greeted with long lines that stretched out to the overpass, even though all the lanes were open.

During the wait, Ian saw the bamboo planted outside. "Where's the panda?" he asked. No pandas here. We'll look for one a little later today.

Even with both sides of the tram running, it still took us 3 cycles to load. I think we'll probably walk the next time we see it this busy. This doesn't bode too well for park crowds.

It's becoming a halloween tradition to take a photo in front of Oogie Boogie now.

Immediately on entering, I snagged us a Midway Mania fastpass and we headed off to Mater.

It's 9:45am and it's already time to start sampling the Halloween food offerings. Last week I tried to get one of these around lunchtime. It was a very slow moving line and I finally gave up. So today, why not mac and cheese for breakfast?

There were only 3 people in front of me with the same idea, so the line moved pretty fast.

The mac and cheese was delicious! That spicy red pepper cheese sauce plus the flamin' hot crushed cheetos made for a really tasty flavor. The bread cone has never really been a favorite of mine. That still hasn't changed. I had read that someone suggested the darker bread was pumpernickel. If so, I couldn't tell. It tasted like the same bread cone from before, just dyed a darker color.

Time to see a friend in Cars Land. We've got a climber!

Goodbye Lightning!

Hello Vampire Mater!

How about a picture with the kids by themselves? Alli saw Mater's teeth and just kept backing away.

Time for Midway Mania! Boy they both sure love this ride. They even pretend to play when they're at home.

Uhhh. They moved Zurg... Usually after getting off the ride, they'll walk through the gift shop, and usually Zurg is here. They like to push his buttons and make him light up.

Oh, Buzz makes noise? That works too.

We've got just a few minutes to kill before our next fastpass. Mickey's Fun Wheel is already starting to get a big line, but the swings are empty!

After a spin on the swings, it was time to use our fast passes again. We brought our AP refillable popcorn bucket, but with the popularity of the Oogie Boogie buckets, there's no way I'm waiting in line for popcorn.

Fastpasses for Midway Mania again! The first time both Ian and Alli chose the blue cannons. This time they both asked for the red cannons. If we would have loaded on the first car, we would have had our choice of yellow or green cannons.

All this practice is helping me get better too! One of my best scores yet! I'm still after that Grizzly Bear prize though. I think you get him around 300k.

Little miss independent doesn't want help climbing the stairs or throwing her glasses in the bins.

More Halloween treats? Don't mind if I do.

This cheese stick has a lot going on. Blackberry sauce, pineapple salsa, pickled serranos, and crushed cheese puffs.

Let's dig in!

Well it started off pretty sweet. Probably that raspberry sauce. It was tasty enough, but I don't think I'll get it again.

Guess who is tall enough for a brand new ride!

Alli! We've got a new driver!

And she's already running into things!

The Studio Catering Co. truck is becoming a regular thing for us now too.

T enjoys the chicken tacos, though they are a bit bland. I suggested getting salsa to go with it. Much better!

The Dragon Breath Tacos are a new seasonal item that I wasn't sure if I'd ever get to try. The first week I asked for them, I was told they're only after 6pm. Since we rarely stay at the parks that late I thought I'd be missing out. Today though they're available and it's only 11:30am!

Dragon Breath Tacos - Pork Belly Tacos, Korean BBQ Sauce, Kim Chi Slaw and Sriracha Aïoli

Kim chi huh? Hmm. Well let's give it a shot.
I was actually a little disappointed in this one. I'm not sure if it was supposed to come out hot or not, but with the cold kim chi, and with all the aïoli, everything was cold. And sadly the pork belly didn't have much flavor either. Bummer.

I didn't get a chance to try the caramel apple smoothie during the last visits.


Fixing that today though.
Bleh! Not good. Am I just in a bad mood today and nothing is tasting good to me? I don't think I am.
It's just got a weird apple-y taste to it. I was not a fan.

But Alli was!

Over to Disneyland! Where to navigator?

Some popcorn and it's a small world? Okay! Busy over here too! 20 minutes to get on it's a small world.

There's that panda we were looking for earlier.

It's time to use our fast passes for Haunted Mansion Holiday! The queue outside the main gates were made up of ropes and pylons, and just a little difficult to navigate. A wheelchair trying to get through was having a little trouble, so we helped in a couple spots moving things when it was tight quarters. I'm not sure if it's related or not, but someone from that party caught up with us later in line and handed the kids some Disney trading pins! Thank you!

It's Tinker Bell!


Who are we going to see Alli?

Times like this, I miss carrying my DSLR. The iPhone can only do so much on dark rides.

Time for someone's favorite ride! Just sing him a couple words and he'll finish the rest of the song.

I don't want to get wet today Ian.
Ian - Maybe just a little wet daddy?

Always fun!

Lines are starting to get long so it's time for us to make our exit.

There's still plenty of day left and there's a soft serve yogurt shop just a little over a mile away. I think we can walk to that. Good boy. Going straight to the good stuff.


Mmm. Dole Whip plus tasty toppings!

Remember those Midway Mania cannons? Ian still does. My gummy worms are the same color as the cannons! Always on his mind.

That's it for this week! What will next week bring? We'll just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment